In 2022, there will be many opportunities to run for political offices. The Beaufort County Democratic Party is offering a series of training opportunities for those interested in running for elected office.
This first session (offered on 3 different dates) will answer some of the most asked questions about running for office such as what positions in the state, county, and towns are up for election in 2022 and what should you know to make an informed decision about running for office. This training is also useful for those who are interested in working on a campaign or getting further involved with elections. This “nuts and bolts” session will include reviewing a checklist of how to prepare for announcing a run for political office as well as ample time for questions and answers.
This Session will be offered on the following dates:
(All Classes are Virtual and will be by Zoom)
Sat, Jun 5, 10:00am–11:30am EDT
Wed, Jun 23, 11:30am–1:00pm EDT
Wed, Jul 7, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm EDT
Sign Up Here to Register for one of these sessions:
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics Covered in What You Need To Know About Running for Office in Beaufort County
- What positions are up for election in 2022 (State, County, and municipalities) and what are the requirements for each office?
- What should I consider before making a decision to run for political office?
- How should I determine what office I want to run for?
- How do I register my campaign and make it official?
- Check List of To Do’s before you announce your candidacy.
- Starting to develop your messaging, organizing volunteers, and creating a campaign budget.
- Calculating your win number (the number of votes to need to win).
- How much money do I need to raise?
- Resources For Candidates in Beaufort County
Submitted by: Chris deVries